Oh the possiblities........

locs, kinks, coils, twirls, springy, curly, updo, bun, wash and go,twist out, bantu knots, twisting, freeforming, manicured, semi freeforming, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, castor oil, kinky, braid out, twa, fro, coil out, bc, transitioning ........... what's your story?

Fashion, style, nails, bags, shoes, thrifting, sewing, crocheting, ....what's your thing?

Bohemian, classy, fierce, classic, casual, funky, relaxed, edgy, ....what's your style?

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

LocuMentary Vol 2- Bye Bye Buildup



So I mentioned previously that I was having a problem with buildup (buildup)

Today I did a baking soda and ACV rinse and I'm proud to say I loved it.



I didn't really measure exactly. I added the baking soda and the ACV until it formed a pastey consistency. I left the mixture on for about 10 minutes. I loved the results.







To moisturize my hair before retwisting I used this. This stuff is AMAZING!!! Definitely a staple.



I will be doing these cleanses twice a year. I know the reaction between the ACV and the baking soda is not the best, so therefore I don't think it should be done too often, however in order to have clean locs its a necessity....

Going forward I think I'm going to be switching up my regimen a bit.

I plan to re-twist every 2-3 weeks faithfully! My roots marry something terrible if I don't. The damage of not re-twisting could lead to disaster when I finally do.

I've also seen better results this time when retwisting because I did not clip at the roots. As a result my hair dried much better and it was less painful. I can't wait until my hair is long enough so that I don't need to use clips.

I'm also going to make sure not to spritz my hair daily with water. I think that leads to my hair unraveling faster and my hair taking longer to loc in some places. I will oil when necessary and maybe spritz with water twice a week. I think with my re-twisting more frequently this will yield great results. All in all I love my hair.

Thanks for reading......





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...