Oh the possiblities........

locs, kinks, coils, twirls, springy, curly, updo, bun, wash and go,twist out, bantu knots, twisting, freeforming, manicured, semi freeforming, aloe vera gel, coconut oil, castor oil, kinky, braid out, twa, fro, coil out, bc, transitioning ........... what's your story?

Fashion, style, nails, bags, shoes, thrifting, sewing, crocheting, ....what's your thing?

Bohemian, classy, fierce, classic, casual, funky, relaxed, edgy, ....what's your style?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

hair and vitamins............





Recently on a trip to Maryland I met a lady who had long beautiful luscious locs. They basically touched her lower back. As soon as I saw her I instantly walked up to her and started talking (no shame in my game). She informed me that she had been growing her locs for 16 years. They were so strong and healthy. I didn’t see one that looked thin. I asked her what she did and she told me that she doesn’t twist often and that she takes multi vitamins and fish oil. I was so happy to hear that since I do take multi vitamins and I take fish oil.




I’m always skeptical when people say they took this pill and that pill and BAM!!!!! they wake up like Rapunzel. However, I can vouch 100% that I see the benefits of taking a multi vitamin daily and fish oil daily. I take 4 fish oil pills a day. I take two with breakfast and two with lunch. I’ve noticed that my skin complexion is getting very even and also the roots to my hair feel thicker. I’ve also noticed that my hair stays moisturized longer and I haven’t experienced dryness as I have in the past (stay tuned for my experience with dry locs).

I think everyone should incorporate fish oil into their diets. There are so many benefits other than healthy hair and nails. Fish oil has been proven to reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease and improve circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...